Thursday, October 8, 2009

Learn to Look Out

Here's some more incite from Elizabeth George...

"Do you know the story in the Bible of the shepherd who had 100 sheep and discovered that one was missing (Luke 15:1-7)? Well, what amazes me is that the shepherd dropped everything and went looking for that one sheep. And what amazes me even more is that that's the way God cares for you and me. And here's something else that's amazing-- God expects you and I to care for others in the same way! So here are a few tips on learning to look out!

- Develop a "bountiful eye"-- The Bible says that "Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed" (Proverbs 22:9). I think of a bountiful eye as being like the eyes of the Lord, which "run" and "range" throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. So here's what I do. Whenever I go out in public, I intentionally look for wounded sheep. And believe me, they are everywhere! When you find someone in need...then what?

- Be direct-- I've had to learn (yes, learn!) to be direct and to reach out to hurting people. It's not always easy, but it's the right thing to do."

Have you had a "bountiful eye" lately? In what ways can you be on the look out for wounded sheep?

No comments: